Sunday, November 28, 2010

Don't be one of those starving artists

I was sitting at a local cafe drawing flower fairies in my sketch book.
An old man walked up and said "Hi, what are you drawing?" We chatted for a bit and he told me that his wife was an artist. He ended the conversation with "don't be one of those starving artists." The statement was a real downer, I shook it off, fearful generation WHATEVER! but I think we should all live by the rule, if you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything it all! I learned at a young age not to listen to anyone because they are full of fearful theories. I live by one rule "Life is a party, Enjoy it!"

I was on a business trip with my boss. It was a long trip back from china, I was drawing a lot in my sketch book, He looked at me with disgust and said, "What are you going to do with those" implying that is was a waste of time.

Everyone in my family says "learn to type so you can be an administrative assistant or be a teacher, you can have stability! We only care, we are worried about you!"
I have found that if you do the things you love you will always be successful!
When I was in art school people would ask "why? What are you gonna do with that?"



-anonymous, the Northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment